Friday, September 10, 2010

Fun With Nursery Rhymes!

We are working on new nursery rhymes with Ava. Since mastering the finger plays "itsy-bitsy spider" and "round and round the garden" a while back, we wanted to introduce new ones to her. Ava's therapist showed me some really cool little booklets she had made with the nursery rhymes so I came home and made my own version. I found the pictures on the internet; some were already with colour and some I had to colour myself. I bought some foam sheets :

and yarn, armed myelf with scissors and a glue stick and made 5 little booklets (Humpty Dumpty, Little Miss Muffet, Jack and Jill, Hickory Dickory Dock and Hey Diddle Diddle). Here is an example of Humpty, Dumpty:




I used yarn to hold the pages together like a booklet. Then it will be easier to take the booklet apart for another game once Ava masters the rhyme - which will be to put the pictures in the correct sequential order.

I also printed off the complete nursery rhyme on one page:

Another idea is to put the pictures on popsicle sticks - as we have for "One Two Buckle My Shoe":


I will try to capture Ava's progress with these nursery rhymes on video.

Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Aiden loves his nursery rhymes book, but it's so big and bulky. I'm totally stealing this idea. I especially love how it can turn into another activity of sequencing. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete